Monday, November 15, 2010

Can't Sleep! : About Insomnia and Overworking

Yeah, I can't sleep. Mostly because I am worried about doing all my homework for the next two days. Also, I'm on Skype with one of my favorite people who lives far away from me. So, that in itself is a reason to stay awake. But guys, if you want to keep your sanity and your health do not do what I am doing.
School is hard for a freshman... well its hard for anyone for that matter. The workload is difficult and heavy. That also depends on your college and major but most students have a lot to do. My program is one of the most intense programs I've encountered and at the same time I manage myself in a way so that I can eat, have free time, and sleep effectively (not always). I have four days off during each week and most of those days are for homework.
Oftentimes I find my head hurting or falling forward. Here's what you do about that.
To get rid of a headache you can drink water or iced coffee, take aspirin or ibuprofen, relax by meditating or doing yoga, massage yourself or have someone help, but most importantly you should sleep! I tend to nap on some days just to calm myself and boost myself to good shape. If you have short free bursts in your day do not hesitate to take a short well earned nap.
Staying up late can be quite a bother. You won't feel as refreshed for your classes the next day or you'll end up sleeping in too late or missing a class. Be careful to schedule your time effectively. I know I don't as much as I should.
Make your bed comfy, take a shower, read a book (maybe even a required one!), listen to soothing music, or whatever you need to ease yourself into a drowsy state. I have a little rechargeable LED green monster night light which is soft on my eyes and an hourglass which relaxes me too. Whatever helps you is what is best for your body!

- Bianca C.

No comments:

Post a Comment